Canine Distemper Virus Detection Kit
Canine Distemper Virus is a highly contagious disease affecting dogs. The disease spreads through bodily secretions and excretions, especially respiratory secretions. The first symptom of distemper is eye discharge that appear watery to pus-like. Canine Distemper Virus Detection Kit quick detect distemper virus in just a few minutes.
Subsequently, dogs develop fever, nasal discharge, coughing, lethargy, reduced appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. In later stages, the virus may attract the nervous system bringing about seizures, twitching or partial or complete paralysis. Dog Check CDV Antigen Rapid Test utilizes monoclonal anti CDV antibody to capture the antigen present in the canine respiratory tract secretions or blood. The captured viral antigens are detected using colloidal gold conjugated detection antibody.
Overview of Distemper Virus
- Dog Check CDV Ag a test uses two highly specific monicional antibodies.
- The virus in the sample react with colloidal gold conjugated detection antibody on conjugate pad.
- This labelled antigen antibody complex is captured by the test area forming a red line.
|Organism detected||Canine Distemper Virus|
|Sample type||Nasal/Ocular Secretions/Serum|
|Shelf Life||24 months|
|Capture Antibody||Monocional Anti-CDV Antibodies|
|Packing||1T, 10T, Bulk, Uncut sheets|
|Detection Limit||102.8 TCID 50/ml|
|Cross Reactivity||No cross reactivity with CPV, CAV, CCV and Rota|
Features of Canine Distemper Virus Detection Kit
- Quick results available in a few minutes.
- Require no instrumentation.
- Easy to use.
- Kennel side/point of care test no capital expenditure.
- Do not require refrigerated storage.
Why CDV Antigen Test?
- Differential diagnosis of systemic illness: implementation of strict isolation and disinfection measures.
- Infection control in kennels and group boarding.
- Vigilance programs and epidemiological studies.
- Detect virus from the end of the incubation period (3 to 7 days) can be used for prognostic.